In 1927 the architects Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret designed two semidetached houses for an exhibition entitled Die Wohnung (The Dwelling) for the Deutscher Werkbund. This building has been the location of the Weissenhof Museum since 2006. It is the only building in the Weissenhof Estate that is open to visitors. In 2016 the building became listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with the neighboring single-family dwelling by Le Corbusier.