A visit to the Weissenhof Estate reveals the richness of ideas involved in the buildings constructed in 1927 and explains their significance in the history of architecture.
A system of signs leads visitors through the estate, providing information about the privately used buildings that are not accessible to visitors. The only building that is open to the public is the museum in the two semidetached houses by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret.

The presentation on the signs is based on the floorplans from the 1927 book Bau und Wohnen (Building and Living).
Ten of the thirty-three original buildings were destroyed during World War II or in the postwar period and replaced by new buildings.
A plaque on the Weissenhofwerkstatt shows the plan of the estate and indicates all of the participating architects.